What You'll Need

To be eligible to rent a university vehicle, all drivers must first submit a Driver's Authorization form and meet the policies outlined under Authorized Drivers & Passengers.

In order to complete the form, you will need the following information:

  • OSU/UO ID Number (Leave blank for outside agencies)
  • Department/Agency Name & Address
  • Driver's License Number, State of Issue & Expiration Date


If you are a faculty or staff member, or work for an outside agency, and your driver's license is about to expire please wait to receive your new license before renewing your authorization.

Click to complete the Driver Authorization Form  Print a copy of the form and obtain a departmental signature before returning the form to the Motor Pool.

All authorization forms generated online will be processed within one business day. Our office is transitioning away from handwritten authorization forms to expedite entering and updating drivers. Handwritten versions of the authorization form will continue to be accepted, but may take longer to be processed.

Van Rental

To rent an 8 or 12 passenger van, or large cargo van from the Motor Pool, you need to have passed a Van Safety Test and have an active driver authorization. Students, volunteers and temporary employees need to take the Van Safety Test annually.