Try out skateboarding or longboarding around campus!
Unlike a bike, a skateboard can easily be brought with you into class or stored out of the way. There are a few buildings where you can't bring skateboards inside with you, such as Dixon Rec Center, but there are many convenient skateboard rack locations outside.
One of the Most Efficient Ways to Get Around:
- Skateboarding requires no gasoline and very little in the way of maintenance.
- No parking permit is required to skateboard to school/work.
- Skateboarding produces no air pollution and uses no fuel.
- Skateboarding is a completely zero-emissions form of transportation.
- Provides improved flexibility
- Offers full body workout
- Improves coordination
- Stress relief
- Depending on the intensity of the skate, the average person will burn between 150-500 calories per hour.
Check out where you can find skateboard rack locations on campus:
Austin Hall Dixon West Entrance
McNary Hall Wilson Hall
MacAlexander Fieldhouse Milam Hall