You are here
How to Rent
Make a Reservation
- If you are new to the Motor Pool and have never rented vehicles before please complete a Driver Authorization form.
- Next, make a reservation through our Online Reservation form.
- If you need a canopy or other special considerations, please note them in the comment box. Our staff will work hard to fulfill your requests.
- Submitting reservation requests in advance ensures better access to specialized vehicles such as 12 passenger vans and trucks.
- Seasonal rentals for summer research should be communicated as early as possible to find the best vehicle fit for your activity.
- After you have submitted an Online Reservation, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the reservation number and date/time of your scheduled pick up.
- If you have not previously rented a vehicle through the Motor Pool, you will need to fill out a Driver Authorization form. Any driver wanting to rent an 8-passenger, 12-passenger or large cargo van will need to visit the Van Safety link for the Van Safety video and test.
Picking up a Vehicle
- The business day before your pick-up date the Motor Pool will send you a reminder e-mail.
- Bring your valid Driver’s License to display to the Motor Pool staff when picking up the vehicle. First-time UO drivers should bring their Driver Certification Card.
Returning a Vehicle (24 hours a day)
- On the dispatch card, record the:
- Date & Time of Return
- Comments about vehicle performance/condition.
- Leave the dispatch card in the vehicle and lock all of the doors.
- Drop the keys into the Key Drop.
- After hours in Eugene only: Access the return lines and secure customer parking by using the Voyager fuel card to open the security gate. It may take several card swipes.
Changing or Cancelling a Reservation
- If you need to make changes to a reservation, please contact the Motor Pool. Every effort will be made to accomodate your needs.
- If your plans change, and you need to cancel one or more reservations, please contact the Motor Pool as early as possible.
- Late cancellations make it difficult to notify other interested renters and may be charged the daily rental rate. 24-HR notice is appreciated.