Valley Vanpool offers vanpool service to OSU from surrounding communities.
To view current vanpools:
- Check out existing routes on the Valley Vanpool website.
- in teh menu on teh left, select the city-pair that matches your commute (ex: Eugene-Corvallis).
- Exact hours, pick-up and drop-off locations, pricing, and driver contact information are listed for each vanpool
- Contact the driver of the route you’re interested in.
If you don’t find a suitable route, and you would like to start a new vanpool from your area, contact Valley Vanpool. You will need at least 5 riders to start a new vanpool.
- One member from each vanpool acts as leaseholder and collects monthly fees for the vendor.
- Vendors sometimes subsidize vans in need of ridership.
- Vanpool members are welcome to advertise and recruit more members. Valley Vanpool will help with advertising upon request.
- Drivers, backup drivers, and leaseholders usually pay a reduced fare.
- Canceling a lease requires a month’s notice.
- Save on fuel and parking
- Reduce air pollution emissions
- Reduce wear and tear to your personal vehicle
- Can relax and enjoy the ride!
- Make new friends and connections
- Vanpools may purchase an OSU annual carpool permit in any zone at a discount of 35%.
- Alternatively, if the van is not parking on campus often, a vanpool member who works at OSU and does not have an individual annual parking permit may purchase daily permits at a reduced rate ($5.00 for B/C zones and $7.00 for A zones). The daily permits can be purchased online and printed at home.