Skateboard, Skate and Non-motorized Scooter Regulations
(1) Skateboard, skate and non-motorized scooter use is prohibited on property owned or controlled by Oregon State University except use as specified in these regulations.
(2) Skateboards, skates and non-motorized scooters may be operated in the area in McAlexander Field House designated for their use. All other use of skateboards, skates and non-motorized scooters is prohibited in University buildings.
(3) Skateboards, skates and non-motorized scooters may be operated on the University paved roadways that are designed for vehicular travel.
(4) Skates may be operated on paths, walkways, and sidewalks at no more than walk speed.
(5) Skateboards, skates and non-motorized scooter users shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, Vehicles and bicycles while in the roadway, and emergency Vehicles.
(6) Skateboard, skate and non-motorized scooter users shall obey all stop and yield signs.
(7) Skateboards, skates and non-motorized scooters shall not be used on that portion of Jefferson Street commonly known as Library Hill (immediately south of Valley Library).
(8) Skateboard, skate and non-motorized scooter users shall not perform acrobatics or other stunts when using skateboards, non-motorized scooters or while wearing skates.
(9) All persons using skateboards, skates or non-motorized scooters as authorized by this rule shall use them in a reasonable and prudent manner, having due regard to traffic, pedestrians' rights, surface of the roadway, the hazard at intersections, and any other condition then existing.
(10) Any person who violates this rule is subject to:
(a) Issuance of a University Citation and a fine of $50.00;
(b) Institutional disciplinary proceedings, if a student or employee;
(c) An order to leave the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the University by a person in charge of University property.
(11) Persons failing to comply with an order by a person in charge to leave or to remain off the immediate premises or property owned or controlled by the University are subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
(12) Parents and guardians of minors and adult operators, including students, staff and faculty, are responsible for damage to University buildings or property by their skateboards, skates or non-motorized scooters and for payment of any fines.
(13) The Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Department of Public Safety Manager, Manager of Environmental Health and Safety, Director of Facilities Services, Director of University Housing and Dining Services, Director of Conferences and Special Events, the Director of the Memorial Union and Educational Activities, and their designees are included among those "persons in charge" of University property for purposes of ORS 164.205(5) and this rule.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 164.205(5), 351.070 & 352.360
Stats. Implemented: ORS 164.205(5), 351.070 & 352.360
Hist.: OSU 1-1987, f. & ef. 4-21-87; OSU 5-1990, f. 9-7-90, cert. ef. 9-15-90; OSU 3-1993, f. & cert. ef. 5-7-93; OSU 2-1994, f. & cert. ef. 6-8-94; OSU 2-1999(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 4-14-99 thru 9-30-99; OSU 7-1999, f. & cert. ef. 9-9-99; OSU 3-2009, f. 6-16-09, cert. ef. 7-1-09; OSU 4-2012, f. 6-6-12, cert. ef. 7-1-12