- Sustainable Transportation
- Beaver Bus
- Motor Pool
- New to OSU
- About Us
Be Bright, Be Seen: Transportation Services hands out hundreds of sets of bike lights each Fall in partnership with the City of Corvallis, OSU Public Safety, and the School of Civil and Construction Engineering. This annual light giveaway event is a practical way to educate people about the importance of using bike lights when riding in limited visibility conditions.
ZAP Oregon State: Corvallis campus biking rewards program is an ongoing opportunity to win bike lights and other biking safety gear. Participation is simple, fun, and open to all OSU students and employees.
Fall Poker Ride: Designed to help new students begin to make use of the biking resources on campus, Poker Ride participants also receive free lights and helmets at the event.
1. Always travel with the flow of traffic and in the bike lane when possible.
2. If you choose/need to ride on a sidewalk or walkway, abide by posted restrictions and be respectful of others!
Helmets help reduce the risk of head injury by at least 45%!
1. Bike lights in dark or limited visibility conditions are actually required by Oregon law (ORS 815.280).
2. Hand signals are just like car turn signals - they tell others what your next move is.
3. Bike lights and hand signals help others know you're there and what you'll do next!
The Oregon "Idaho Stop" bike law took effect January 1, 2020. Now, people on bicycles are able to treat stop signs like yield signs. Here are a few key things to keep in mind:
For more information, here are some helpful links:
We hope you will take advantage of the added ease and safety of "stop as a yield" and continue to enjoy your trips on your bike!
Bicycles are considered vehicles both on campus and in the state of Oregon. This bike safety video is a handy guide to the basics of operating a bicycle at Oregon State University. Policies for non-motorized vehicles (bicycles, e-bikes, scooters and skateboards) are detailed in the University Policies and Standards (section 5.5).